Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

read e-books with Linux

Yes! I read an e-book on my Linux computer \o/

I did this on 2013-10-25 with SUSE Linux 12.2:

  • go to http://www.amazon.com and get some free e-books.
  • downloaded their Kindle reader for Windows
  • delete the old version of the Windows Emulator wine from my computer. To do this, open a console and type
    rpm -e wine wine-32bit wine-mp3
    rpm -ivh wine-1.7.4-*.rpm wine-gecko-*.rpm wine-32bit-*.rpm
  • Now you start the reader's installation:
    wine Downloads/KindleForPC-installer.exe
  • And start the reader:
    cd .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Amazon/Kindle
    wine Kindle.exe

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Raspberry Pi, test my internet connection

Since start of Corona times, I use my internet at home also for work. So its reliability and performance has become crucial. Performance see...