Freitag, 25. Januar 2013

Creating an autoyast file

Today I want to create an autoyast file that actually works. Whoever says this is easy does not have the complete information.

I am using SUSE 12.2 here, installed into a VirtualBox virtual machine:
VirtualBox with 4 virtual machines
To clone this machine using autoyast I start it, open a shell in it and type
yast -i autoyast2
yast clone_system

This will create a file /root/autoinst.xml that clones the system you just installed.

If you now go and use this autoyast file with VirtualBox it will not work. After some time your installation will show a black screen, nothing else. As I have a little bit of a Linux education I could solve this problem:
SUSE Installer during the unattended installation via AutoYast

In the shell type

yast2 sw_single

then de-install yast2's iscsi client. Then again clone the config:

yast clone_system

and find a file /root/autoinst.xml. This is now useable. Ok, I had to do some minor modifications still, but you can see them on your own. I have shared it on gitHub.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Raspberry Pi, test my internet connection

Since start of Corona times, I use my internet at home also for work. So its reliability and performance has become crucial. Performance see...